Make an effort to eat more produce!
- Grill veggie kabobs. Use mushrooms, red onion, bell peppers, eggplant, and zucchini.
- Pack in several servings of fruit in a smoothie. Blend bananas, berries, melons, spinach and 100% fruit juice.
- Keep cut up snacking veggies on hand. Try bell pepper, cucumber, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, or snap peas.
- Sneak in veggies anywhere you can. Add grated veggies to lasagna, mashed potatoes, pasta sauce, or rice.
- Try dipping crunchy veggies instead of chips into guacamole, salsa, or your favorite salad dressing.
- Snack on a veggie wrap with roasted vegetables, hummus, and low-fat cheese in a whole wheat tortilla.
- Puree fruits into sauces to be poured on top of pancakes, french toast, or waffles. Try peaches, blueberries, apples or pears!
- Eat fruit as dessert. Blend frozen bananas into “nice” cream or top berries with whip cream and nuts.
- Add veggie toppings to pizza such as tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms and bell peppers.
- Top a baked potato with corn, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, and chopped scallions.
- Fruit can be grilled too! Grill fruit kabobs with pineapple and peaches on low heat until golden brown.
- Get creative! Load sandwiches up with cucumber, tomato, peppers, apples, carrots, radishes, etc.
Material adapted from eatright.org
Please follow and like us: